Technical Engineering Seminar #8 - April 30, 2019
March 29, 2019 / Events
Shea Concrete Products is excited to announce our 8th seminar that will take place within our headquarters facility in Amesbury, MA. Our precast concrete headquarters has been designed with LEED certification as our main goal. Our headquarters facility includes a training room that will be utilized in hosting this educational seminar. While learning from an exciting line-up of technical presentations, all attendees will earn 5-PDHs, be provided with lunch, have an excellent opportunity to network with other local civil engineers/contractors/specifiers, and be provided with a "hard-hat" tour of our precast concrete manufacturing facility adjacent to the headquarters faciility. There is no cost to attend this engineering seminar; seating is limited and on a first come basis!
Please note this seminar has been approved by the NHDES Subsurface Systems Bureau, Land Resources Management Program for “6.0 Credit Hours”. Attendees interested in this will receive an additional certificate entitled “NHDES Subsurface Designers & Installers – 6.0 Credit Hours”.
Please also note this seminar has been approved by the MADEP/NEIWPCC “Title 5 Soil Evaluator and System Inspector” program for “5.0 System Inspector (SI) Training Contact Hours (TCHs)”. Attendees interested in this will receive an additional certificate entitled “Title 5 System Inspector (SI) training contact hours (TCHs) – 5.0-TCHs”.
Technical Engineering Seminar Agenda:
- 8:00 - 8:30 AM — Registration & Continental Breakfast
- 8:30 - 8:45 AM — Welcome - Greg Stratis (Shea Concrete Products - President)
- 8:45 - 9:45 AM — Design and Quality Control Considerations for Manufacturing High-Quality/Watertight Underground Precast Concrete Tanks and Structures - Claude Goguen, P.E. (NPCA - Director of Technical Education and Outreach)
- 9:45 - 10:45 AM — Introduction to Pumps, Pump Sizing, and Pump Systems & In-Place Septic/Sewer System Rehabilitation with Sprayroq - Russ Clark (Williamson Pump & Motor – Business Development Manager), JL Lagos (Williamson Pump & Motor – Sales Engineer)
- 10:45 - 11:00 AM — Break
- 11:00 - 12:15 PM — Manufacturing Plant Tour - Greg Stratis (Shea Concrete Products - President
- 12:15 - 12:45 PM — Lunch
- 12:45 - 1:45 PM — Admixtures 101: The Basics, Self-Consolidating Concrete, and Long-Term Durability - Jim Carreira (BASF Corporation (Admixture Systems) - Senior Sales Representative)
- 1:45 - 2:45 PM — Performance Testing: Proof of Structurally Sound Watertight Precast Structures - Ed Pennypacker (JEPCO Sales, LLC - Owner)
- 2:45 - 3:00 PM — Technical Education Session Wrap-Up
Due to limited seating capacity, confirmed reservations are required. Please contact Hugh Scott, PE to secure your seat to 978-447-2041 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Email correspondence is preferred.