Technical Engineering Seminar #10 – Celebrating “Precast Days” - October 23, 2019
September 26, 2019 / Events
Shea Concrete Products is excited to announce our 10th seminar as part of the National Precast Concrete Association (NPCA) “Precast Days” initiative that will take place within our headquarters facility in Amesbury, MA. The NPCA and Shea Concrete Products are presenting “Precast Days” as a unique educational opportunity to provide students, specifiers, engineers and contractors with an up-close experience at a New England-based precast concrete plant. NPCA Certified precast concrete plants are opening their doors to explain the precast manufacturing process and demonstrate the equipment, technology and engineering expertise that goes into making resilient precast concrete products. While learning from an exciting line-up of technical presentations, all attendees will earn 5-PDHs, be provided with lunch, have an excellent opportunity to network with other local civil engineers/contractors/specifiers, and be provided with a “hard-hat” tour of our precast concrete manufacturing facility adjacent to the headquarters facility. There is no cost to attend this engineering seminar; seating is limited and on a first come basis!
Please note this seminar has been approved by the NHDES Subsurface Systems Bureau, Land Resources Management Program for “6.0 Credit Hours”. Attendees interested in this will receive an additional certificate entitled “NHDES Subsurface Designers & Installers –6.0 Credit Hours”.
Please also note this seminar has been approved by the MADEP/NEIWPCC “Title 5 System Inspector” program for “3.0 System Inspector (SI) Training Contact Hours (TCHs)”. Attendees interested in this will receive an additional certificate entitled “Title 5 System Inspector (SI) training contact hours (TCHs) – 3.0-TCHs”.
Technical Engineering Seminar #10 Agenda:
- 8:00 - 8:30 AM — Registration & Continental Breakfast
- 8:30 - 8:45 AM — Welcome: Greg Stratis (Shea Concrete Products – President)
- 8:45 - 9:45 AM — Aggregates 101: Strength Starts Here, Brian Barry (LafargeHolcim – Technical Sales Engineer)
- 9:45 - 10:45 AM — Cement 101: Binding It All Together, John Gallagher (Shea Concrete Products – Territory Sales Manager)
- 10:45 - 11:00 AM — Break
- 11:00 – 12:15 AM — Manufacturing Plant Tour - Greg Stratis (Shea Concrete Products – President)
- 12:15 - 12:45 PM — Lunch
- 12:45 – 1:45 PM — Admixtures 101: The Basics, Self-Consolidating Concrete, and Long-Term Durability, Jim Carreira (BASF Corporation (Admixture Systems) – Senior Sales Representative)
- 1:45 – 2:45 PM — QA/QC Testing 101: Holding Your Precast Concrete Partner Accountable, Brian Barry (LafargeHolcim – Technical Sales Engineer)
- 2:45 - 3:00 PM — Technical Education Session Wrap-Up
Due to limited seating capacity, confirmed reservations are required. Please contact Hugh Scott, PE to secure your seat at 978-447-2041 or email@example.com. Email correspondence is preferred.