3rd "Virtual" Technical Engineering Seminar
October 15, 2020 / News
Shea Concrete Products is excited to announce our 3rd “Virtual” Technical Engineering Seminar that is available through our Podcast (The Precast Podcast) and will allow for an online library of technical seminars that professionals can access to gain industry knowledge and stay current with professional development credit hour requirements.
This “virtual” seminar opportunity allows for participants to obtain three (3) individual professional development credit hours as follows:
1. 1.0-Professional Development Hour (PDH)
2. 1.0-"NHDES Subsurface Systems Bureau" Credit Hour (NHDES Subsurface Designers & Installers)
3. 1.0-"NEIWPCC" System Inspector (SI) Training Contact Hour (TCH)
Presentation Title: Watertight Integrity – Damp-Proof vs. Water-Proof
Presentation Summary: From joints to walls, the need for holding water in an assembled concrete structure is an increasingly necessary task. Infiltration can overload the system, and exfiltration may cause contamination of soils. This presentation will explain the differences between watertight (proof) and damp-proof. Joints are often thought of as a concern for water passage; concrete is a porous material and can contribute to leakage as well. In this episode you will learn:
- The types of joints available for pipe and precast
- The hydrostatic resistance of joint materials
- That concrete contains a network of pores
- The purpose of coatings to provide a barrier
- How admixtures can provide hydrostatic water resistance
Presenter: Sam Lines – Engineering Manager (Concrete Sealants, Inc.)
Presenter BIO: Sam Lines is the Engineering Manager for Concrete Sealants, Inc. Sam has over 30 years of experience in the precast industry. In his position, he consults with precast concrete plants, helping them improve their operations. His experience includes product design, quality and safety management, operations, and concrete materials. He has also studied Microbially Induced Corrosion of Concrete since 1997 and is constantly engaged in learning more about the subject. Sam studied industrial engineering and business management as an undergraduate prior to receiving a Master of Business Administration from Indiana Wesleyan University. He also has a Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt Certification. He is an active member of the National Precast Concrete Association (NPCA), the American Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM), and the American Concrete Institute (ACI) where he participates in several committees and boards. Sam serves on the board of advisors for Wastewater Education 501(c)3 and as the Technical Consultant for the Ohio Precast Concrete Association.
How To Get Your Credit Hours:
1) Email Hugh Scott (email@example.com) to receive the PDF version of the “Concrete Durability for 2020 and Beyond” presentation discussed during “The Precast Podcast” Episode 30 or download the presentation directly from our website: To be added once completed
2) After listening to “The Precast Podcast” Episode 30 email Hugh Scott the three (3) 6-digit numeric codes provided & indicate what credit hour certificates (as outlined above) you would like
3) You will receive individual credit hour certificates for your records via email
Please contact Hugh Scott, PE at 978-447-2041 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Email correspondence is preferred.