2nd “Virtual” Technical Engineering Seminar
October 5, 2020 / Events
Shea Concrete Products is excited to announce our 2nd “Virtual” Technical Engineering Seminar that is available through our Podcast (The Precast Podcast) and will allow for an online library of technical seminars that professionals can access to gain industry knowledge and stay current with professional development credit hour requirements.
This "virtual" seminar opportunity allows for participants to obtain three (3) individual professional development credit hours as follows:
1. 1.0-Professional Development Hour (PDH)
2. 1.0-“NHDES Subsurface Systems Bureau” Credit Hour (NHDES Subsurface Designers & Installers)
3. 1.0-“NEIWPCC” System Inspector (SI) Training Contact Hour (TCH)
PRESENTATION TITLE: CONCRETE DURABILITY FOR 2020 AND BEYOND
Presentation Summary: Concrete is the most used man-made product in the world. With concrete structures still standing dating back to the Roman Empire the goal of making concrete better, more durable, and longer-lasting continues. The basic ingredients of concrete remain the same and advances with Supplemental Cementitious Materials (SCM’s) and admixtures continues to pave the way. Join us for a deep dive into the manufacturing process of cement and how all ingredients come together to make durable concrete structures with the goal of a 100-year design service life and beyond.
Presenter: Femm Singer – Technical Sales Representative (Lehigh Hanson)
Presenter BIO: Femm has worked in the concrete industry her entire career, most of it spent supporting, selling and marketing cement in New York and across New England for the precast and ready mix concrete industries. Femm works with Lehigh Cement Company which was originally founded in 1897. She is on the Board of Directors of the ACI New England Chapter and MaCAPA- the Massachusetts Concrete and Aggregate Producers Association which represents the ready mix industry for Mass and Rhode Island.
HOW TO GET YOUR CREDIT HOURS:
1) Email Hugh Scott (email@example.com) to receive the PDF version of the "Concrete Durability for 2020 and Beyond" presentation discussed during "The Precast Podcast" Episode 29 or download it from the link above.
2) After listening to “The Precast Podcast” Episode 29 email Hugh Scott the three (3) 6-digit numeric codes provided & indicate what credit hour certificates (as outlined above) you would like.
3) You will receive individual credit hour certificates for your records.